What is OHSAS 18001:2007?
OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Certification is an international standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within the workplace. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a priority within your organization.
An increasing number of organizations are completing OHSAS 18001 certification as employers are under increasing pressure to ensure that a rigorous health and safety policy is in place which protects employees against possible occupational risks and reduces the likelihood of accidents in the workplace. By planning ahead an organisation can also identify health and safety risks and conform to health and safety legislation.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
- Improves corporate image and credibility among stakeholders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing or eliminating workplace hazards
- Improves the incident investigation process
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process
OHSAS 18001 Accreditation
QACS is an accredited certification body which provides International Organization for Standardization (ISO) management system certification and inspection services to organisations globally. We hold OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditation with both the Dubai Accreditation Centre (DAC) and International Accreditation Services (IAS).
Accreditation is the process by which a certification body is recognised to offer certification services. In order to become accredited, QACS is required to implement ISO 17021 which is a set of requirements for certification bodies providing auditing and certification of management systems. QACS is audited annually by our accreditation bodies to ensure our services meet the exact requirements of the relevant accreditation standards.
What industries implement OHSAS 18001:2007?
OHSAS 18001 is implemented by a wide variety of industries. The Health and Safety standard can benefit any organisations that choose to implement it. If you have a workforce of 5 or 500 then OHSAS 18001 will benefit you immediately. The purpose of the management system is to put the focus on the employees and ensure best practices are being implemented. Effectively implementing the standard results in a safer working environment for your workforce, plus reduce risk and liability exposure on the organisation.
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be in line with your requirements.