What is HACCP?
An HACCP system allows you to identify hazards and put in place controls to manage these throughout your supply chain during production. The HACCP scheme meets the requirements of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) – established by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations to bring together international food standards, guidelines and codes of practice to ensure fair trade. It can also be used to support the requirements of management standard requirements, such as ISO 22000 Food Safety Management.
What are the benefits of HACCP?
- Implement internationally recognized food safety system
- Conveys a degree of confidence required by consumers, retailers and buyers within the food industry
- Provides buyers, consumers, government enforcement and trade agencies with justified assurance that control systems are in place to assure the safe production of food
- Align HACCP with ISO 22000 to improve food safety management systems
- Continually review and improve your system so it stays effective
- It is based on the internationally-recognized Codex Alimentarius standards and guidelines and other national standards
- Regular assessments help you to continually monitor your food safety system
- HACCP can add value to your entire supply chain with improved hazard controls, whatever its size or location.
How to certify to HACCP
We make the HACCP certification process simple. After we have received your application we appoint a client manager who will guide you and your business through the following steps
- Gap analysis : This is an optional pre-assessment service where we take a closer look at your existing food safety management system and compare it with HACCP requirements. This helps identify areas that need more work before we carry out a formal assessment, saving you time and money.
- Formal assessment : This happens in two stages. First we review your organisation’s preparedness for assessment by checking if the necessary HACCP procedures and controls have been developed. We will share the details of our findings with you so that if we find gaps, you can close them. If all the requirements are in place, we will then assess the implementation of the procedures and controls within your organisation to make sure that they are working effectively as required for certification.
- Certification and beyond : When you have passed formal assessment you will receive an HACCP certificate, which is valid for three years. Your client manager will stay in touch during this time, paying you regular visits to make sure your system doesn’t just remain compliant, but that it continually improves.
Who can apply for HACCP?
HACCP applies to any organization, regardless of size or industry.The HACCP lasts for three years and is subject to mandatory audits to ensure that you are compliant. At the end of the three years, you will be required to complete a reassessment audit in order to receive the standard for an additional three years.
QACS is an accredited certification body which provides International Organization for Standardization (ISO) management system certification and inspection services to organizations globally.
QACS is accredited by QASL Independent accreditation to audit and certify organizations to HACCP.
Contact our team today to receive a free no-obligation competitive quotation from our dedicated business development team. We will devise a comprehensive quote which will be in line with your requirements.